WHAT’S IN SEASON:
(This will vary depending on the time of the month and where you live).
Lettuce (leaf and head)
3. Seared Ahi Tuna with Chimichurri, Arugula, and Avocado
Hats off to you if you can cook your tuna so perfectly rare. Recipe here.
4. Pavlovas with Strawberries, Vanilla Cream and Basil Coulis
The pavlova is one of the most underrated dishes of all time. And if you think putting basil in dessert is wrong, well… think again. Recipe here.
5. Dukkah Spiced Yogurt Dip
A perfect complement to all of the grilled things you’ll be serving at the barbecue you’ve been waiting all year to host. Recipe here.
6. Lobster Polenta Pizza with Sun Dried Cherry Tomatoes
TBH I saw this a week ago, and I still can’t believe that it’s actually real. Recipe here.
7. Asparagus-Stuffed Eggs
A deep dive into the Julia Child archives. Recipe here.
8. Spring Chopped Salad
The locavore answer to your childhood pizzeria’s antipasto. Recipe here.
11. Fennel and Radicchio Salad with Grilled Lemon Vinaigrette
13. Glowing Green “Pasta” Primavera
I have very complex feelings about cutting a vegetable into ribbons and calling it “pasta.” But, if there’s ever a time when “noodles” are OK, it’s when they’re topped with in-season spring produce and delicious vegan pesto. Recipe here.
14. Scrambled Egg and Roasted Asparagus Toasts
You’re a champ if you wake up early enough to make this for breakfast. If not, it tastes just as good after noon. Recipe here.
16. Pork Tostadas with Slaw, Radishes, Cilantro and Salsa Verde
If you’re looking for a gorgeous, seasonal recipe for Cinco de Mayo, this is it. Recipe here.
17. Bourbon Chocolate Milkshakes
Bourbon everywhere. Bourbon everything. Bourbon forever. Recipe here.
20. Clementine and Red Wine Spritzers
If day-drinking straight red wine is a little too much for you,
you’re a better person than me try mixing it with some clementine soda. Recipe here.
21. Spring Veggie and Lemon Moroccan Chicken Skewers
You know summer is almost here when your food is once again being served to you on a stick. Recipe here.
22. Wild Greens Galette with Artichokes and Feta
Aside from the buttery crust and the two types of cheese, this is exactly the same thing as eating a salad. Recipe here.
23. Campanelle with Hard-Boiled Eggs, Capers, and Watercress
24. Baked Almond Pancake with Strawberries and Citrus
Because Mother’s Day is just around the corner. Recipe here.
27. Pineapple Mint Juleps
29. Sautéed Radishes with Bacon
It’s easy to eat vegetables when they’re infused with a hefty dose of rendered bacon fat. Recipe here.
30. Wild Rice Salad with Dandelion Greens