1. Falafel-Stuffed Eggplant with Tahini Sauce and Tomato Relish
This chickpea-based filling has just enough kick. Recipe here.
2. Baked Stuffed Artichokes with Leeks
Artichokes will make you work for it, but they’re worth it in the end. Recipe here.
3. Guac-A-Taco (Vegan Taco-Stuffed Avocado)
OK vegans, you win this one. Recipe here.
5. Chicken Enchilada-Stuffed Zucchini Boats
[Sigh] That cheese. Recipe here.
6. Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Even the humble cabbage wants in on this. Recipe here.
7. Lebanese-Style Stuffed Eggplant
Tiny eggplants are amazing if you know what to do with them. Recipe here.
8. Quinoa-Stuffed Bell Peppers
Sometimes it pays to shake things up just a little bit. Recipe here.
9. Kale-Stuffed Mushrooms with Hazelnut Gremolata
10. Squash Blossoms Stuffed with Goat Cheese, Corn and Poblano Peppers
Tempura batter adds a welcome crunch. Recipe here.
11. Horseradish Cherry Tomatoes
Control yourself; these little things have a whole lot of oomph. Recipe here.
12. Stuffed Kale with Bulgar, Tabbouleh, and Lime-Yogurt Dip
Wrapped up and ready to go. Recipe here
13. Grilled Zucchini Boats with Feta, Pesto, and White Beans
Raw zucchini is weird, so make sure your boats are sufficiently cooked before you fill them up. Recipe here.
14. Roasted Onions Stuffed with Curried Black Quinoa
So virtuous you can feel OK about having three at once. Recipe here.
16. Spinach, Bacon, and Artichoke Stuffed Portobellos
Stuffed mushrooms can be a soggy disaster when not executed properly; luckily, portobellos are sturdy enough to hold up under irresponsible amounts of cheese. Recipe here.
17. Ripe Plantains Stuffed with Chorizo and Cheese
Ripe (yellow, not green) plantains are softer, sweeter and work much better with spicy sausage. Recipe here.
18. Stuffed Collard Greens with Turkey and Pecorino
Quick enough for any weeknight. Recipe here.